Prepare your child for kindergarten with our specially tailored preschool-age programming. We teach a variety of social, educational, and recreational activities to ensure students’ classroom development.
Location & Hours
Patricia Elmore Center, Lower Level
280 North Apple Street, Greenfield
9 AM to 1 PM, Monday through Thursday
Follows Greenfield-Central Community School Calendar
- Beginner Class
- Class is Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday for 3-4-year-olds. This class is to allow students to learn social behaviors inside of a classroom. Students will also begin to utilize fine motor skills and learn numbers, shapes, colors, and letters to better prepare them for Pre-K.
- Pre-K Classes
- Class is Monday- Thursday for 4-5-year-olds. Pre-K teaches students everything they need to be prepared for Kindergarten. This class allows for further development of fine motor skills. By the end of the school year, students will be able to recite the entire alphabet, spell and write words, develop short sentences, and recite songs.
- Preschool is open to children 3 to 5 years of age.
- Each child must be potty trained to participate in this program.
Weather Delay and Cancelation Policy
Adult visitation is welcome, but arrangements must be first made with a Parks staff member. Any adult wanting to volunteer or observe must have a background check completed before the requested date. Any visitor at any time to the program must first sign in at the Parks Office front desk.
Discover a world where learning meets fun:
- Games: Interactive and educational games to boost cognitive skills.
- Story Time: Dive into tales that intrigue imagination.
- Reading: Building a strong foundation for language and comprehension.
- Motor Skill Development: Activities tailored to enhance fine and gross motor skills.
- Music: Dance, sing, and explore rhythms.
- Field Trips: Experience education beyond the four walls.
We aim to:
- Unlock Potential: Every child has a unique gift, and we’re here to discover it.
- Nurture Lifelong Learners: Inculcate a passion for learning that goes beyond grades.
- Holistic Development: Focusing on social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth.